Let Me Tip Tip Tip Away

B4AHPs on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
Jacket, Zara. Shirt, Vintage. Pants, UO. Scarf, H&M. Brogues, Aldo. || Typewriter, Tip, Tip, Tip - Jakishan

Coincidentally, this reminds me of Bill Cunningham's recent broadcast "Tinted Town" where he commented on how women now start to dress more in fall colours, such as browns, warm neutrals and reds, correspondingly to the weather around them. For a blog about fashion, I sure don't have enough posts on my actual day to day wear and wardrobe, even if I will never become an-outfit-a-day type of blogger. The photos taken by the Macbook built-in cam looked rather boring on its own, so voilĂ  the first GIF I made ever! While I was making the GIF, I was listening to this song on The Darjeeling Limited soundtrack and found it to be quite hilariously suitable.

Because of the sheer amount of workload and of the monotony of going to the same kinds of classes every week, I have dressed more or less in the same way in recent days. This is not necessarily a bad thing as I find myself a kind of a uniform, but at the same time it's the repetitive nature of it all that sapping the excitement and fun out of dressing. I no longer feel quite as inspired or as enthusiastic. Save for two sweaters, a tweed jacket and my new pair of L.L. Bean winter boots (just ordered and on the way!) I have not made any more purchases. Do I just crave novelty in my routine? I am so confused due to being stuck in this awkward position between wanting to be more enthusiastic about getting dressed while simultaneously refraining from new impulsive purchases. I am honestly happy that I have not made any careless additions to the wardrobe, meanwhile I recognize the closet is hardly perfect and needs a few more rounds of purging and replacement. Can I have my cake and eat it too?

No comments: