Like a Virgin



...thrifting for the very first time! I don't know why I've never attempted it before - maybe it was due to the lack of consignment stores in Hong Kong. The idea of wearing old clothes isn't very en vogue there. But anyways, thanks to a quick crash course of into the art of thrifting by Hannah here and with the discovery of a great vintage store right in downtown Vancouver who are having a huge sale due to their moving to a new location, I decided to hop in and do some shopping. I did see this really nice gingham shirt as well, but it didn't fit so well in the bust area. Boooo. I have been trying to not be so materialistic and to devote more time to broadening the mind, and I guess because of all the time I've spent reading and studying for midterms that I've forgotten to go shopping. Impossible I know. Here are some of things I picked up but there's not a terrible amount because I was pressed for time. I will definitely be going back and take pictures of the whole process. Lastly I bought this white and red polka dot concoction of a dress that I can only say looks straight out of Gone With the Wind. I call it my Scarlet O'Hara dress. It was a wholly unpractical purchase but I knew I just had to get it. The dress looks so wonderful that I think it warrants a post of its own in the future. You will be seeing it soon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just who may that be? The girl that showed you that amazing store? Who's Hannah?

Kel said...

That red one looks like it'll be a knockout on!

Can't wait to see you in it!


Lots of love from Sydney,

Kel

visit me at www.amuseabout.com

Unknown said...

Some decent finds there. Love all three and even (secretly) how you photographed them x

Emma said...

Ooh, I love the red polka-dot! Nice finds. x

LPC said...

I'm scared to thrift. I think I got something from a thrift store in my teens. I pass them, I look in, I move on. I wonder if I will ever take the step. Congratulations:).

t said...

Nice shirts! Love thrifting!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Haha, I love Gone With the Wind, so I can't wait to see that dress!

Lindsay K said...

I love the red shirt. Polka dots are so charming.

Matthew Spade said...

some nice finds, that's the beauty of it though, it can always be recycled again.!