Southern Belle for the Day


 Bag, Zara. Dress, UO. Hat, Shanghai boutique. Boots, UO.
I am still stubbornly trying to "will away" September, Fall and school that is bound to start soon by going to the beach as often as I can. I am still doing geeky things as usual such as watching TED lectures, listening to the soundtrack of Girl with A Pearl Earring, and reading Lucretius's "On the Nature of Things" (there's nothing quite like having a 2000 year old Roman epic poem as a beach read) on my iPad. And perhaps I've been watching too much True Blood lately and because of this video that I wanted to try my hand at dressing like a southern gal for the day with tan leather accents and a floral print sundress. Though of course this is hardly authentic since the farthest down south I've been in the US is Washington D.C., which isn't really "southern" at all. Anyone else also trying to make summer last as long as possible?

7 comments:

Petitebine said...

Lovely pictures! Nice dress :) The summer here in Holland was horrible!

Rachel said...

Being a Louisiana ex-pat I'm not to into the whole misinformation that True Blood seems to creates about aspects of my culture. Not a rant towards you though, plenty of friends back in Baton Rouge call it a guilty pleasure. As far as Louisiana style goes, doesnt get much better than these,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fonville/collections/

http://www.fraenkelgallery.com/index.php#mi=&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=0&a=4&at=1

Alessandra said...

Beautiful pictures <3

Jada said...

You look so pretty!! I actually really want fall to come right now, but being lazy in the summer is my favorite part.

Ha, TED lectures are my favorite. They came to my high school to talk about world hunger.

Catherine @ The Spring said...

I love a straw boater! I so know what you mean about the end-of-summer dread - I'm Canadian too! But since moving to Australia all my climate woes are behind me... At least you get to wear fabulous knits in the coming months! And if you still feel down, stop by my blog and soak in some vicarious sunshine!
- Catherine at The Spring (in Brisbane)
www.thespringblog.com

Katie said...

Gorgeous pictures! I'm trying to will away fall, no success yet!

Anonymous said...

We don't have quite the same problem down here in the Southern Hemisphere. I don't think I could will spring to come more quickly though this winter has been surprisingly pleasant I've been able to pretend it's summer and dress both inappropriately and accordingly (to my delusions).

Love Girl with the Pear Earring - could never take Colin Firth that seriously with that wig but he does tortured oh so well.

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

being a nerdy hipster