Old Fashioned


I'm sorry if you were misled to think that this would be a cocktail recipe. After all the more serious writing of late, I thought everybody could use a break by taking a look at my friend Lillie Scheffey's photographs. The great thing about going to a liberal arts school is that you get to meet talented people of all different backgrounds and interests...like Lillie! One of the biggest reasons why I chose to go to my current LAC is for its strong art department and faculty. 

These are of her friend in the middle of the book making process. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I have a pretty bad font fetish. I have always loved all kinds of typography, as well as different kinds of lettering such as calligraphy. The old fashioned way of setting types is fascinating, in how both human and machine work as one to create a beautiful final product. 

I can talk about my favourites fonts, types and foundries forever so I'll shut up and late you guys pore over Lillie's wonderful photographs for yourselves. In this batch she used her Pentax K1000 (35mm SLR). For more of her work, check it out here. Thanks Lillie for letting me share your work :)



No comments: