Love For All Things by Miuccia Pt. 1

I finally came across the new PRADA's Resort 2012 collection and Miu Miu's Resort 2012 collection and you can say that I am absolutely smitten with both of them. I'm having such a hard time now choosing which looks from each collection to post so I thought I'll separate the two to have their own posts each. I suppose Prada, as the main line, should have round one first. The collection has a distinct retro feel and one blogger had commented before that the collection has a Betty Draper-esque quality as well to it but it feels so very Italian and not at all American, whatever that really is. No sense of Americana here! Can we say this is Betty Draper after her semester abroad at Milan? I love the simplicity and the exquisite detailing; I prefer the pastel looks to the others but on the whole this was a strong cohesive collection that blows other resort collections out of the water.








Full size photos here.

9 comments:

The Decemberist said...

P.R.E.T.T.Y. Like... Whoa! I love the floral patterns all throughout the collection. Loving the soft pastel colors too. Thanks for sharing them in this awesome collage. :)

Come visit! ;)

   ♥ Teresa ♥
- Pretty Dandy -

Sam said...

Prada has this very strange aesthetic that you can't help but be drawn to.
Btw I love the layout of your blog- it makes it such a joy to read!

-Sam

http://www.samishome.com

etoilee8 said...

Holycrap Joy your blog is awesome! Well look at this, something good did come out of my commenting on Thought Catalog :)

Phara said...

Those seventies flower prints look quite fabulous.
X

ranzuki - [TrendFreeak] said...

I love it! Prada its amazing...
kisses

celine said...

// Thank you! I'm really glad to hear that you think so:) have a awesome day!

veganplusbacon said...

ohh man amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Boom Now said...

Amazing collection. Same prints from the menswear show.

Lindsay K said...

Excellent review of Prada resort. It's incredibly cohesive, which is something I love about Prada. Excellent post!